Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship, 2017-2018
VACEP is excited to offer the highly-regarded Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship for 2017-2018 to early-career emergency physicians passionate about improving emergency medical care in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Applications are being accepted for the 2017-2018 Virginia College of Emergency Physicians Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2017.
The Fellowship will be for one year, from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
The key components of the VACEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship include:
- Providing leadership development through mentorship, VACEP Board of Directors participation, and advocacy-related projects.
- Giving early career emergency physicians opportunities to participate in and lead state and national advocacy efforts on behalf of emergency physicians and their patients.
- Establishing and developing relationships with state and national leaders in emergency medicine and health policy.
Criteria for Fellowship Acceptance
Two highly qualified candidates will be chosen for the 2017-2018 VACEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship.
To be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current member in good standing of VACEP;
- Minimum of 3 years of membership in ACEP or EMRA;
- Completed an emergency medicine residency within 10 years or will complete residency this year. Current final-year EM residents are eligible to apply (Fellowship would start after residency graduation).
- EPs currently doing or planning to do other fellowships are eligible.
- Agree to participate in all elements of the Fellowship, as detailed below.
The application process is competitive. Applicants will be chosen by the VACEP Board of Directors based on their contributions to the emergency medicine community and their demonstrated potential for future emergency medicine leadership.